7th period classes are requested through a separate Google form submission process only. Requests cannot be submitted through Student Access. Look for instructions and deadlines in e-news.
Learning Recommendations: None
General Description: Students will have a teacher that will supervise and approve of their individual internship/service to the school or Issaquah Community.
Content: Examples of internship/service include, but are not limited to:
- School social media advisor (run a social media account to get news out to students)
- School craft master (manage and run all the bulletin boards and display cases on campus)
- School photographer (go to events and provide photos for E-News, ASB, and more)
- Elementary school volunteer
- Campus beautification (clean up campus, add art work, etc.)
- Science department TA
The possibilities are endless!!
Strategies: Students will create a custom plan based on their skill sets and interests, and once approved will work towards meeting the goals and logging hours.
Homework: Internship/Service goals met and hours logged.
Format: This class meets once a week.
Length/Credit: This is a year long course for .5 credit.