Learning Recommendations: C- or higher in CC Geometry.
General Description: Applied Algebra 2 focuses on the application of mathematics and statistics to the solution of functional problems in fields such as engineering and the applied sciences. The course includes practical application of mathematical concepts such as exponents and systems of equations and inequalities. Students will learn about functions, quadratic equations, conic sections, exponential and logarithmic functions, polynomials, rational functions, sequences and series, probability, and trigonometric functions and identities.
- Fundamentals of Algebra
- Systems of Equations and Inequalities
- Quadratic Equations
- Conic Sections
- Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
- Rational Functions
- Sequences and Series
- Trigonometric Functions
- Trigonometric Graphs and Identities
Strategies: Students will learn through a combination of:
- Collaborative instructional approach
- Direct Instruction
- Technology enhanced instruction
- STEM based projects based on course content
- Daily work and homework is assigned frequently and can include homework records, activities, classwork, skills mastery checks, and reflection assignments.
- In general, students should expect 20-30 minutes of nightly work if completed without distractions. Time may vary depending on a student’s math knowledge.
- Students should complete all daily work and homework. Studies suggest that daily small doses of practice is better for learning math. Every lesson, assignment, activity, project and assessment is designed to better understand the topics in this course. Students should participate and complete all work whether or not it is grade or recorded.
Course Fee / Materials: $15, membership in TSA and student workbook. A graphing calculator is required.