Learning Recommendations: Previous experience in acting.
General Description: This course develops performance abilities in students interested in exploring a higher level of the craft of acting. This class will focus on monologue study and preparation, scene study, script analysis, and stage composition. The history of theatre will be examined from the ancient Greeks to modern day Broadway.
- Theatre exercises and games
- Voice/Speech/Movement exercises
- Visualization exercises
- The in-depth examination of scenes from various plays
- Active student analysis and commentary in response to reading the plays
- Active student participation and discussion
- Monologue prep & presentation and scene prep & presentation
Strategies: Students will learn to work as an ensemble by engaging in drama games and warm up activities. Students will participate in solo and partner scene work where they will have the opportunity to apply various learned acting techniques. After learning techniques on script analysis, and gaining an understanding of stage composition, students will have the opportunity to make relevant artistic choices for their final scene work project.
Homework: Reading and memorization
Course Fee / Materials: $30 fee