Learning Recommendations: Students are expected to study 10-20 minutes daily in addition to homework assignments.
General Description: French 2 follows the World Readiness Standards for Learning Languages:
- Communicate effectively in French in order to function in a variety of situations and for multiple purposes.
- Interact with cultural competence and understanding.
- Connect with other disciplines and acquire information and diverse perspectives in order to use the language to function in academic and career related situations.
- Develop insight into the nature of language and culture in order to interact with cultural competence.
- Communicate and interact with cultural competence in order to participate in multilingual communities at home and around the world.
In French 2, students will listen, speak, read and write to share information, feelings, reactions and opinions. Students will understand, interpret and analyze what they hear, read or view on a variety of topics. Students will present information, concepts and ideas to inform, persuade, explain and narrate on a variety of topics.
Content: Topics: The Francophone world, back to school, food and culinary traditions, volunteering, responsibilities and routines, activities around town and making plans with friends, healthy living, traveling.
Homework: Students should spend 10 -20 minutes daily studying, in addition to their homework assignments. Students will need access to the Internet to use their on-line textbook and do homework on the Entre-Cultures website.