General Description: World History I is a semester long Social Studies class that is a study of the geography, politics, economics, society and history of the world. This course explores world history from 1450 to the 17th Century. This is Semester 2 of a two semester course. If World History I is taken in second semester of grade 9, SST118 - World History to 1450 must have been taken in first semester of grade 9.
· Historical thinking and analysis skills
· Geographic luck and patterns of migration
· Culture, race and racism
· Development of religious thought
· Government and economic systems
· Expansion and collapse of ancient non-European civilizations
· Encounter, exploration and cultural exchange
Strategies: The approaches taken in this course should include but not be limited to collaborative and/or cooperative learning groups, inquiry-based instruction, project-based learning experiences, primary source analysis and lectures, film and readings.