Learning Recommendations: Grade 9, C or better, in middle school Language Arts class, Grades 10-12, C or better, recommended in English class.
General Description: This class builds novice and intermediate skills of listening, reading, writing, and speaking. All material and assessments are cumulative.
Students will be required to:
- memorize between 50 and 100 words every 3-4 weeks for accuracy and long-term retention
- learn and apply new grammatical concepts every 3-4 weeks, as well as demonstrate competence with any concepts previously studied
- follow directions and conversation, as adapted for Spanish 1
- speak in Spanish whenever possible
- write at length using appropriate grammar, vocabulary and conventions
- read at length in Spanish, as adapted for Spanish 1
- This course will use the text Descubre 1 and the accompanying online workbook
Students will learn /be assessed through a combination of:
- Tests/Quizzes from the text curriculum
- Daily homework
- In class activities
- Daily conversation in Spanish
- Written, listening, reading and oral exams