Learning Recommendations: C- or better in Spanish 1. Retention of Spanish 1 vocabulary and grammar concepts.
General Description: This class is a continuation of Spanish 1; all material and assessments are cumulative. Students will be required to:
- memorize between 50 and 100 words every 3-4 weeks for accuracy and long-term retention
- learn and apply new grammatical concepts every 3-4 weeks, as well as demonstrate competence with any concepts previously studied
- follow directions and conversation, as adapted for Spanish 2
- speak in Spanish whenever possible
- write at length using appropriate grammar, vocabulary and conventions
- read at length in Spanish, as adapted for Spanish 2
- This course will use the text Descubre 2 and the accompanying online workbook.
Students will learn /be assessed through a combination of :
- Daily homework
- In-class activities
- Daily conversation in Spanish
- Written, listening, reading and oral exams
Equipment to be provided by students: Reliable access to the Internet to use the online textbook materials, practice materials, and to complete assignments.