Learning Recommendation: Recommended for juniors and seniors
General Description: In this course students learn and plan for the world of work.
- Develop job search skills.
- Learn employment system including worker rights and responsibilities, legal, health and safety topics.
- Learn workplace behaviors and qualities for advancement.
- Understand how economics affects their quality of life.
- Manage of time and resources to reach short and long term financial goals.
- Manage their money.
Students learn through a combination of:
- Real world simulations.
- Simulations include doing their taxes, applying for a job, applying for credit, collective bargaining, investment activities, looking for housing, among others.