Learning Recommendations: Sales & Marketing 1, Recommendation Tech Prep class
General Description: This course is a continuation of content in the marketing field. Students will be involved in a more project based atmosphere. Major projects included in this course are: written research in a business field, creation of a financial portfolio and implementing advertising media.
- Marketing research
- Retail business environment
- Communications and human resources management
- Learning to work as team
Students learn through a combination of:
- Conduct market research
- Complete financial portfolio
- Participation in Student Store
- Participation in DECA conferences
- Leadership in student organization
Note: Students are required to join DECA and take an active role in DECA conferences. These provide students with the opportunity to travel and meet students from Washington State and throughout the United States.