Learning Recommendations: Sales & Marketing 1 & 2, Application, Teacher Permission
General Description: This marketing class provides hands-on retail experience by managing the Liberty High School Student Store. Students learn entrepreneurial skills by managing a retail business.
- Visual Merchandising
- Human relations
- Business communications
- Analysis of financial reports
- Management and operations
- Managing risks associated with the business environment
Students learn through a combination of:
- Operation of Student Store
- Membership in DECA
- Participation in DECA conferences
Note: Students are required to join DECA and take an active role in DECA conferences. These provide students with the opportunity to travel and meet students from Washington State and throughout the United States.