Learning Recommendations: D or higher in Algebra 2.
General Description: This course is designed to meet the needs of students who wish to continue with math beyond CC Algebra 2 and who would benefit from additional scaffolding prior to taking additional math classes. It is meant for students who want to further their studies of mathematics to prepare for the rigors of pre-calculus or other advanced math classes. Enrolling in this class will help students be prepared for college entrance exams.
- Functions and their transformations, to include: polynomial, radical, rational, exponential, logarithmic, and periodic functions.
- Algebra topics such as linear and polynomial equations, linear programming, solving equations
- Sequences and Series
- Trigonometry: polar coordinates and the unit circle
Strategies: Students will learn through a combination of:
- Direct instruction
- Small group investigations and teacher-led investigations
- Technology Enhanced Instruction
Equipment to be provided by student: Graphing Calculator required, TI-Nspire (Not CAS) is recommended