General Description: Public Speaking incorporates interpersonal communication skills, audience awareness, research and speech writing techniques.
- Interpersonal communication;
- Informative Speeches;
- Persuasive Speeches;
- Impromptu; Facilitation;
- Audience and Cultural Awareness;
- Poetry Analysis
Students learn through a combination of:
- Speaking in front of their peers,
- providing feedback,
- speech writing,
- researching and presenting an effective argument for the topic at hand.
- Use of Power Point and other visual aids.