General Description: World History II is a semester long Social Studies class that is a study of the geography, politics, economics, society and history of the world. World Studies II focuses on social, political and economic changes that took place during the 18th and 19th century and how those changes set the stage for global conflict. The course focuses on critical thinking, essay writing, note taking, research, and other relevant skills. This is Semester 1 of a two semester course. If World History II is taken in first semester of grade 10, then SST216 - World History III will be taken in the second semester of grade 10.
- Foundations of World War I
- Collaborative and/or cooperative learning groups
- Inquiry-based instruction
- Project-based learning experiences
- Primary source analysis and lectures
- Film and readings