- Counselor/Principal pre-approval is required for all outside credit options including those completed by middle school students; credit will not be granted retroactively. Once approved, the student must complete the course within the time designated by the counselor.
- Students may earn outside credits through the two options below: Issaquah School District Online Learning (letter grade A-F earned) and/or Other Outside Credit Options (Pass/Fail only). The maximum combined credits a student may earn toward graduation requirements and/or minimum college admission requirements is 4 credits (8 semesters). A limit of 2 credits (4 semesters) can be taken in one school year.
- Important: To preserve the integrity of the requirements, no more than 50% in any one discipline may be earned outside of a regularly scheduled “inside credit” high school course.
- The District shall not, in any way, be responsible for determining if an outside course meets a specific college requirement, an NCAA requirement, or is accepted by agencies who grant scholarships. Parents and students are solely responsible for vetting these courses and the resulting consequences.
- Credit will be granted for completed pre-approved outside courses, and placed on the official high school transcript. The process for grading will depend on type of outside credit pursued. See details below.
All bulleted details above apply to both options below:
1. ISSAQUAH SCHOOL DISTRICT ONLINE LEARNING: OSPI/ISD-approved online courses options for Outside Credit with transcripted Letter Grades (A-F) Click here for information.
2. Other Outside Credit options (transcripted for credit with Pass/Fail grading)