- Successful completion of MTH100 - Common Core Algebra 1, MTH200 - Common Core Geometry, and MTH300 - Common Core Algebra 2. NCAA APPROVED
- Concurrent enrollment in MTH350 - Pre-Calculus or above is necessary for success in this course.
- Competency in Excel and computer technology including probe-ware.
- Students are expected to be proficient in problem solving, lab techniques, and writing.
- This is a college level Physics course. Successful completion will earn college credit for Physics 114 through Bellevue College.
- The course explores the content listed below in great depth with an emphasis on multi-step problem solving and critical thinking.
- Sophisticated technology is embedded within every laboratory experiment.
- This course fulfills (1) college prep science requirement, as outlined by the Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) as a lab-based or algebra based science course.
Content: Students will be actively engaged in learning and experiencing the following:
- Motion & mechanics
- Gravitation & energy
- Particle Physics
- Pop Bottle Rockets
- Linear & Non-linear Regression
Skills taught in this course:
- Increased use of computer technology including probe-ware and software
- Multi-step problem solving and critical thinking
Strategies: Students will learn through a combination of:
- Laboratory investigations
- Frequent use of technology to collect and analyze data
- Student generated research
- Field work – several field trips (University of Washington and Silverwood Theme Park)
- Multi-step problem solving
Equipment to be provided by student: Scientific calculator, flash drive, & student will need to have access to the internet and Liberty network.