Learning Recommendations: B- or better in Spanish 2.
Fees: A fee ($200, subject to change) will be assessed for Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors.
General Description: Spanish 3 is an advanced class where motivated students may earn high school and college credit simultaneously. Students may opt to receive 5 college credit for a fee (fee subject to change). This course is a continuation of Spanish 2, and students will work on reading, writing, speaking, and listening at a more advanced level. Students who would like to sign up for this course are highly encouraged to speak to their Spanish 2 teacher about proper placement. This class is intended for highly motivated and achieving students who want to partake in a more rigorous course.
- Memorize between 50 and 100 words every 3-4 weeks for accuracy and long-term retention
- Learn and apply new grammatical concepts every 1-2 weeks, as well as demonstrate competence with any concepts previously studied
- Follow directions and conversation, as adapted for Spanish 3 CHS
- Write at length using appropriate vocabulary, grammar and conventions
- Read at length in Spanish, as adapted for Spanish 3 CHS
- This course will use the text "Gente" and the accompanying online workbook
Strategies: Students will learn and be assessed through a combination of:
- Tests/quizzes from the text curriculum
- Daily homework
- In-class activities
- Daily conversation in Spanish
- Written, listening, reading and spoken exams