Learning Recommendations: CC Algebra 2 is the third of the series of high school Math courses. Students who have struggled in math previously are strongly encouraged to enroll concurrently in CC Algebra 2 Lab (MTH 301).
C- or higher in CC Geometry
General Description: This course is aligned with the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics. The Mathematical Practice Standards apply throughout this course and, together with the content standards, prescribe that students experience mathematics as a coherent, useful, and logical subject that makes use of their ability to make sense of problem situations.
Content: Critical areas include, but are not limited to:
- Polynomial, Absolute Value, Radical, Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
- Trigonometric Functions
- Linear, Absolute Value, Quadratic, Exponential & Logarithmic Models
- Data Inferences and Conclusions
Strategies: Students will learn through a combination of:
- Collaborative instructional approach
- Direct Instruction
- Technology enhanced instruction
Equipment to be provided by students: Graphing calculator required. The TI-Nspire (Not CAS) is recommended and is used in classroom instruction.