General Description: This course explores how a child’s environment affects physical, social, cognitive and psychological growth. It is designed for students who may be considering careers that involve working with children.
- Child development from birth to adolescence
- Family growth and development
- Theories in child psychology
- How individuals relate to one another from birth to adolescence
Strategies: Students learn through a combination of:
- Direct instruction
- Group discussion and problem solving
- Guest speakers
- Student project and research
- Cooperative learning
- Career exploration
Note: Completion of this course with a B or better qualifies students for college credit at various community or technical college programs in our area.