Learning Recommendations: IEP Required; Case Manager Recommendation
General Description: Traditional concepts of algebra will be introduced and reinforced throughout the year. Using the first half of the general education Algebra 1 textbook, concepts involving critical thinking and problem solving are taught through guided practice and application of math concepts in everyday living situations.
Content: Critical areas include, but are not limited to:
- Setting up and solving proportions
- Data analysis
- Solving multi-step algebraic equations
- Graphing linear and nonlinear equations
- Writing equations from word problems, data tables and graphs
- Solving systems of equations
- Writing systems of equations from word problems
- Graphing systems of equations
Equipment to be provided by the student: Composition notebook or spiral-bound notebook and scientific calculator. If you need to purchase one, the TI30XS MultiView is recommended. Graphing calculators are not required until CC Algebra 2 and above.