- Concurrent enrollment in MTH300 - Common Core Algebra 2 or higher
- Successful completion of SCI200 - Biology with a grade of B or better is highly encouraged.
- Successful completion of SCI300 - Chemistry with a grade of B or better is highly encouraged
- Proficient in the use of computer software for word processing and spreadsheets.
- Reading content and amount is geared to a college level course.
- Writing expectations are at a college level.
- A considerable time commitment is expected outside of the school day.
General Description: This course is designed to be the equivalent of a one-semester, introductory college course in environmental science. The goal of the AP Environmental Science course is to provide students with the scientific principles, concepts and methodologies required to understand the interrelationships of the natural world, to identify and analyze environmental problems both natural and human-made, to evaluate the relative risks associated with these problems, and to examine alternative solutions for resolving and/or preventing them.
Content: Biodiversity, Population Issues, Air Resources, Water Resources, Land Resources, and Energy Resources.
Equipment to be provided by student: A scientific calculator and flash drive are required.