Learning Recommendations: This course is designed for seniors who have yet to meet the math assessment (SBA) requirement for graduation.
Course Description: This course will address key learning standards for high school including the domains of Algebra, Functions, Geometry and Statistics. Students will demonstrate their understanding through a series of mathematical modeling tasks, applying algebraic reasoning to real-world scenarios. Throughout the course, students will build a collection of evidence as an alternative to the Smarter Balanced Assessment.
- Building and interpreting functions (linear, quadratic, exponential and others)
- Geometry and basic trigonometry
- Summarizing, reasoning and interpreting data
- Mathematical Modeling
Students will learn through a combination of:
- Direct instruction and discussions
- Tasks and investigations
- Technology Enhanced Instruction