Learning Recommendations: This course is designed for students that have completed Applied Algebra 2 or Algebra 2 and want to continue taking math but are not sure what post-high school field they want to enter (math based or non-math based).
General Description: This course is designed to build upon prior knowledge of math concepts from other courses. This algebra-based CTE course features real-world algebra concepts found in banking, credit, income taxes, insurance, and household budgeting. Step-by-step strategies will help students learn the time value of money, how to evaluate the best cell phone contract, how to build a business plan by knowing costs, profits, and break even points.
- Real world situations represented through functions, graphs and tables,
- Functions: linear, quadratic, exponential, piecewise, and others,
- Systems of equations and inequalities, exponential growth and decay.
- Descriptive statistics topics, Excel
Students will learn through a combination of,
- Collaborative instructional approach,
- Direct Instruction,
- Technology enhanced instruction
Equipment to be provided by students: Scientific Calculator
Course Fee: Yes, see Course/Club/Misc. Fee link.