Learning Recommendations: This course is designed for students that successfully completed Algebra 2 and are interested in a math-based career path and/or want to challenge themselves in the area of math and/or want to show math-based rigor on the high school transcript (AP/IB).
Fees: A fee ($200, subject to change) will be assessed for Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors who want to earn college credit through Bellevue College. College credit is optional.
General Description: This course is an in-depth study of rational, polynomial, logarithmic, exponential and trigonometric functions.
- Parent functions and transformations
- Periodic functions
- Inverse trigonometric functions
- Applications of trigonometric and circular functions
- Trigonometric properties, identities and parametric equations
- Triangle trigonometry
- Properties of linear, exponential, power, logarithmic, and logistic functions
- Probability and counting principles
- Conic sections
- Sequences and series
- Polynomial and rational functions
Strategies: Students will learn through a combination of:
- Direct instruction
- Small group investigations and teacher-led investigations
Equipment to be provided by student: Graphing Calculator required, TI-Nspire (Not CAS) is recommended
Washington State Technology Standards addressed in this course include: