Learning Recommendations: C- or higher in CC Geometry or passed End of Course Exit Exam in Geometry AND earned a D or higher in CC Geometry.
General Description: This course is aligned with the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics. The Mathematical Practice Standards apply throughout this course and, together with the content standards, prescribe that students experience mathematics as a coherent, useful, and logical subject that makes use of their ability to make sense of problem situations.
Content: Critical areas include, but are not limited to:
- Polynomial, Rational, & Radical Functions
- Trigonometric Functions
- Linear, Absolute Value, Quadratic, Exponential & Logarithmic Models
- Data Inferences and Conclusions
Strategies: Students will learn through a combination of:
- Collaborative instructional approach
- Direct Instruction
- Technology enhanced instruction
Equipment to be provided by students: Graphing calculator required. The TI-Nspire (Not CAS) is recommended and is used in classroom instruction.