Learning Recommendations: Successful completion of Mandarin Chinese 2. Students are expected to study 20-30 minutes daily in addition to homework assignments.
General Description: Chinese 3 provides ongoing exploration of the Chinese language and culture. Students will develop their communicative skills in spoken and written Chinese at a functional level. Students will read a variety of authentic texts. Communication between students and teacher will be exclusively in Chinese, with students able to utilize conversational Chinese to function in the class with little use of English.
- Collaborative learning opportunities
- Communicative activities
- Cultural readings in the target language
- Listening activities
- Writing and presentation of dialogues
- Connections to other discipline
- A variety of assessments, written and oral
Equipment to be provided by student: Composition notebook and Chinese/English dictionary or electronic dictionary