Fee: Purchase of workbooks - $cost TBD
Learning Recommendations: Students must have a strong grasp of basic tenses and other grammatical structures from Japanese1. Students are expected to study 10-20 minutes daily in addition to homework assignments.
General Description: Japanese 2 continues the study of the language and culture of the Japanese-speaking world. Using topics drawn from everyday life, they will further develop listening, speaking, reading and writing skills. In Level 2, students and teachers will be communicating predominantly in Japanese; however, English will be used sparingly to support the comprehension of some complex grammatical structures and/or cultural concepts.
- Collaborative learning opportunities
- Listening activities
- Writing and presentation of dialogues
- Connections to other disciplines
- A variety of assessments, written and oral
- Cultural readings in the target language
Equipment to be provided by student: Spiral notebook