General Description: In this project-based course, math, science and engineering technology are integrated to teach students the fundamentals of electrical engineering. Students will develop skills needed to research, design and build electronic components and systems.
Content: Engineering foundations, electricity, analog and digital circuitry, integrated circuits, circuit design, programmable logic, logic circuits, sequential logic, memory devices, counters, logic gates, microcontrollers.
Strategies: Students learn through a combination of:
- Direct instruction
- Student-led investigations
- Multimedia offerings (Computer simulations, video features)
- Demonstrations (teacher or student directed)
- Student experience with engineering materials
- Student projects and research (individual and team oriented)