Learning Recommendations: An interest in learning about the methods used to find clues and evidence at a crime scene.
General Description: CSI Skyline! Methods and technologies used to solve crimes are studied and applied: evidence types such as fingerprints, tool marks, and shoe prints are collected and analyzed in a classroom crime lab.
- Forensic lab equipment and safety
- Crime scene investigation methods and techniques
- Evidence types and collection methods
- Careers in criminal forensics
Strategies: Students learn through a combination of:
- Inquiry-based laboratory work
- Critical thinking exercises
Equipment to be provided by student: None
Note: Completion of Police Science/Forensics 1 & 2 with B average could earn students credit at Bellevue College.