Learning Recommendations: While students are encouraged to complete Police Science/Forensics 1 it is not required. General Description: Laws and courtroom procedures that determine the admissibility of criminal evidence are learned. Students will investigate an indoor and outdoor crime scene, collect all physical evidence, identify a suspect and present their “case” in from of an actual judge in a mock criminal trial.
- Forensic lab equipment and safety
- Crime scene investigation methods and techniques
- Evidence types and collection methods
- Careers in criminal forensics
Strategies: Students learn through a combination of:
- Inquiry-based laboratory work
- Critical thinking exercises
- Guest speakers
Equipment to be provided by student: None
Note: Completion of Police Science/Forensics 1 & 2 with B average could earn students credit at Bellevue College.