Resource students are assigned to classes on the basis of their own choices and with recommendations of Resource teachers and parents. The Individualized Education Program (IEP) sets forth a plan of goals and objectives, which specifies accommodations and services necessary to meet the students’ needs.
Learning Recommendations: Math placement test and teacher recommendation
This course is designed for students who have completed Algebra 1A and continue to need additional time and support to successfully master the skills and concepts of Algebra. The material covered in the second semester of general education Algebra 1 will be covered over the course of the school year in Algebra 1B.
- Reinforcement of computational skills and basic math concepts will be integrated into algebraic lessons.
- This course will teach:
- Development of problem solving strategies,
- Solving, writing and graphing linear equations,
- Proportional reasoning,
- Solving systems of equations,
- Factoring, and solving quadratic equations,
- Exponents and Exponential functions,
Equipment to be provided by students: Spiral-bound notebook and Scientific Calculator; if you need to purchase one, the TI-34 MultiView is recommended. A graphing calculator is not required until Algebra 2 and above