Learning Recommendations: Concurrent enrollment in MTH300 - Common Core Algebra 2. Approval of instructor.
General Description: Algebra 2 Lab provides a support structure for struggling students to achieve success in an Algebra 2 course. It will strive to accomplish this by providing further explanation, extra practice and review of previously learned concepts as well as previews of upcoming material and preparation for tests and quizzes. Students must be concurrently enrolled in an Algebra 2 course.
Content: This course follows the concepts of Algebra 2.
Strategies: Students will learn through a combination of:
- Direct instruction
- Large group investigations and small group work
- Extended instruction
- Review of previously taught concepts and skills
Equipment to be provided by student:
- TI’Nspire Calculator (non CAS)
- Pencils and erasers
- Textbook: Discovering Advanced Algebra
- Composition book made of graphing paper (the school has one for sale for $1.50)
- This should be a separate graphing notebook from the one you use for Algebra II