Fee: IB evaluation fee as appropriate Learning Recommendations: B- or higher in both semesters of IB Math SL 1. IB Diploma or IB Certificate candidates who desire to sit for the SL Math exam must have taken IB Math SL 1.
General Description: The IB Math SL 2 is the second of two years that prepare students to take the IB Standard-Level (SL) Math exam. The course provides an overview of topics typically covered during the first two quarters of college calculus. In addition, it also covers additional IB required topics. This course is designed for the student who wishes to complete an IB math class as part of a well-rounded high school experience. All students in this course will be required to complete the IB internal assessment. IB dictates that students may not sit for SL exams until the spring of their junior year.
- Limits and continuity ,
- Application of derivatives including related rates, motion and optimization,
- Curve analysis,
- Indefinite and Definite Integrals,
- Fundamental Theorem of Calculus,
- Volumes of solids of revolutions,
- Probability distributions including the normal curve,
- 2D and 3D Geometry
Students will learn through a combination of:
- Teacher directed instruction
- Small group collaboration
Equipment to be provided by student: Graphing Calculator. TI-Nspire (Not CAS) is recommended.