Course Code Options:
- MUS653 - Skyline Green & Silver Symphonies
- MUS654 - Evergreen Philharmonic
- MUS656 - Jazz Band
- MUS657 - Concert Band
- MUS658 - Symphony Band
- MUS663 - Vocal Jazz
- MUS665 - Concert Chorale
Fee: Students will be responsible for the cost of outfit and field trips for their particular ensemble. IB exam fee as appropriate
Learning Requirements: In addition to the daily Music Performance Class, students will attend the Tuesday after school 2 hour seminars (Oct. – April).
General Description: This year-long course is for students who desire to complete an IB certificate or use IB Music as their elective course work for their IB diploma. Students will commit to a weekly afternoon seminar session to learn the rubrics of IB Music. In addition to the performance requirements in the class work, the music seminar will focus on aspects of music history, music theory and music analysis.
- The history of music throughout the world.
Strategies: Students will learn through a combination of:
- research based papers;
- multi-media presentations;
- music listening and analysis,
- direct instruction including lecture,
- music ensemble performance/evaluation.
Equipment to be provided by student: Head-set (ear buds)