International Baccalaureate (IB)
The International Baccalaureate (IB) program is a rigorous pre-university course of study that meets the needs of highly motivated students. Offered during the last two years of high school, its curriculum is designed to allow graduates to fulfill requirements of various national systems of education. The program places strong emphasis on the ideals of international understanding and responsible citizenship.
The International Baccalaureate diploma requires successful completion of six areas of academic study. All students are encouraged to follow the diploma path as far as possible. Instead of seeking the full diploma, however, some students choose only to take the tests in those areas where they feel most comfortable about their chances of passing. Colleges typically treat these the same as Advanced Placement tests for the granting of credit and/or advanced standing.
The International Baccalaureate program is available at Skyline.
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Additional Requirements for the Full Diploma and IBCP Requirements
- IB Course Offerings HL/SL
- Typical Sequence of Courses for IB Diploma Candidates
- Sample Four-Year Student Plan: College - Preparatory Program
- Sample Four-Year Student Plan: Technical Program
- Sample Four-Year Student Plan: 4 Years Music & World Language