Outside Credit for transcripted Pass/Fail grades
- Counselor/Principal pre-approval is required for all outside credit options including those taken by middle school students; credit will not be granted retroactively. Once approved, the student must complete the course within the time designated by the counselor. Official verification of course completion must be submitted to the counseling office no later than two weeks after course completion. Click here for pre-approval form,
- Students may take a total of 4 credits (8 semesters) of courses toward graduation requirements and/or minimum college admission requirements through outside accredited district approved institutions. These options include but may not be limited to: community college courses, ISD online courses taken through OSPI Digital Learning Department, and courses at ISD approved private Washington State accredited institutions. (Important: To preserve the integrity of the requirements, no more than 50% in any one discipline may be earned outside of a regularly scheduled high school course.)
- While credit will be granted for approved outside credit and placed on the official high school transcript, credits are transcripted on a Pass/Fail basis only. Students wishing to have a letter grade (A-F) transcripted, should access the OSPI DLD option (see below). Please note: NCAA factors ‘P/F’ grades as 1.0 or a ‘D’ in GPA calculations. Exception to this: Issaquah School District courses through the OSPI Digital Learning Department and taught by third party providers will receive letter grades.
The District shall not, in any way, be responsible for determining if an outside course meets a specific college requirement, an NCAA requirement or is accepted by agencies who grant scholarships. Parents and students are solely responsible for vetting these courses and the resulting consequences.
ISSAQUAH SCHOOL DISTRICT ONLINE LEARNING THROUGH THE OSPI DIGITAL LEARNING DEPARTMENT
DLD Options for Outside Credit with transcripted Letter Grades (A-F) Click here for online learning form.
- Issaquah School District online courses through the OSPI Digital Learning Department will be granted credit in the same manner as other course offerings in the district. The actual letter grade (A-F) will be placed on the official high school transcript. No more than 4 credits (8 semester courses) taken in this manner will be granted. A limit of 2 credits (4 semesters) can be taken in one school year. Fifty percent (50%) of the graduation credit requirement in any discipline must be earned in a regularly scheduled course taken in the building.
- Students and parents should be aware that end of term dates for online providers may differ from the Issaquah School District calendar. Online providers may have grading scales that differ from Issaquah School District; the grade given by the online provider teacher is the grade that will be transcripted by the Issaquah School District.
- As stated above, the Issaquah District shall not, in any way, be responsible for determining if an outside course meets a specific college requirement, an NCAA requirement or is accepted by agencies who grant scholarships. Parents and students are solely responsible for the consequences of these issues. Information about Online Learning can be found on the ISD website at http://www.issaquah.wednet.edu/academics/online/Default.aspx