Learning Recommendations: "C-" or higher in MTH200 - CC Geometry
General Description: This course is aligned with the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics. The Mathematical Practice Standards apply throughout this course and, together with the content standards, prescribe that students experience mathematics as a coherent, useful, and logical subject that makes use of their ability to make sense of problem situations.
Content: Critical areas include, but are not limited to:
- Polynomial, rational, & radical functions
- Trigonometric functions
- Linear, absolute value, quadratic, exponential, and logarithmic models
- Data inferences and conclusions
Strategies: Students will learn through a combination of:
- Collaborative instructional approach
- Direct instruction
- Technology enhanced instruction
Equipment to be provided by Student: Scientific and graphing calculators are required. If you need to purchase a scientific calculator, the TI-30XIIS is recommended. The TI-Inspire (not CAS) is the recommended graphing calculator and is used in classroom instruction.