Learning Recommendations: While students are encouraged to complete INT475 - Police Science/Forensics 1, it is not required.
General Description: Students will study methods and procedures more closely aligned with crime scene processing such as diagramming, evidence collection and analysis (hair evidence, blood spatter, forensic anthropology, manner of death, etc.), and indoor vs. outdoor crime scenes. Students will each conduct a criminal investigation, identify a suspect, and present their findings and conclusions as part of a semester project.
- Forensic lab equipment and safety
- Crime scene investigation methods and techniques
- Evidence types and collection methods
- Careers in criminal forensics
Strategies: Students learn through a combination of:
- Inquiry-based laboratory work
- Critical thinking exercises
- Guest speakers
Equipment to be provided by Student: None
Note: Completion of Police Science/Forensics 1 and 2 with a "B" average could earn students credit at Bellevue College.