Fees: IB Exam Fee as appropriate
General Description: The IB Computer Science SL course focuses on software development, fundamentals of computer systems, and the relationship between computing systems and society. The Higher Level (HL) course extends learning begun in IB Computer Science SL and encompasses all of these elements; but is extended to include an advanced/investigative case study, computer mathematics and logic, advanced data structures and algorithms, further system fundamentals, and file organization. A link to the full IB Computer Science SL/HL curriculum is here:
- Core: System fundamentals, design and maintenance; computer organization and components; networks, networking technologies, and infrastructures; computational thinking, problem-solving and programming; abstract data structures and processing operations; resource management; computer/processor controlled systems; Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Investigative Case Study: A case study scenario is provided at the beginning of the year and students investigate the scenario in-depth in preparation for the assessment.
- Independent work - small and large group collaboration
- Use of available computer technology
- Project-based inquiry and investigation
Equipment to be provided by Student: None