Additional Requirements for the Full Diploma
- An extended essay of approximately 4,000 words in one of the approved, extended essay subjects.
- Theory of Knowledge, a philosophy course taken during both grades 11 and 12 of the IB Diploma.
- A balanced two-year program of creativity, activity and service (CAS) completed and documented beginning in September of the 11th grade.
International Baccalaureate Career-Related Program (IBCP) Requirements
The IBCP is designed to support career-focused students in the last two years of secondary education.
- A minimum of two and a maximum of four Diploma Program courses
- An IBCP core consisting of:
- A language development extension that suits their needs, background, and context
- A 50 hour service learning component completed and documented over 2 years beginning September of 11th grade and not before
- A reflective project which will analyze, critically discuss, and evaluate an ethical dilemma associated with a particular career path
- A Personal and Professional Skills course second semester of junior year and first semester of senior year
- A two year, career-related study in one of the following areas:
- Criminal Justice
- Marketing and Business and Management
- Business and Management
- Computer Science and Web Design
- Computer Science
- Sports Medicine and Kinesiology
- Television Production
- Sales & Marketing and Economics
- Business Management and Economics