Learning Recommendations: Students should spend 10 to 20 minutes daily studying in addition to their homework assignments.
General Description: Spanish 1 is a yearlong class that provides an introduction to the culture and language of the Spanish-speaking world. Students will engage in meaningful communication on a variety of topics drawn from everyday life in order to develop listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills. Level I students must be prepared to be taught predominantly in Spanish; however, English will be used sparingly to support the comprehension of some complex grammatical structures.
- Collaborative learning opportunities
- Listening activities
- Writing and presentation of dialogues
- Cultural readings in the target language
- Connections to other disciplines
- A variety of assessments, written and oral
Equipment to be provided by Student: Spanish/English dictionary or electronic dictionary recommended