Learning Recommendations: Successful completion of HLT200 - Health.
General Description: This course explores how a child’s environment affects physical, social, cognitive and psychological growth. It is designed for students who may be considering careers that involve working with children.
- Child development from birth to adolescence
- Family growth and development
- Theories in child psychology
- How individuals relate to one another from birth to adolescence
Strategies: Students learn through a combination of:
- Direct instruction
- Group discussion and problem solving
- Guest speakers
- Student project and research
- Cooperative learning
- Career exploration
Equipment to be provided by Student: None
Note: Students who complete this course with a "B" or better may qualify for college credit at various community and technical college programs.