Learning Recommendations: IEP Required; Case Manager Recommendation
General Description: This class focuses on continuing to develop number sense and teach problem-solving strategies that are later applied to story problems throughout the book. Using the second half of the TransMath Making Sense of Rational Numbers textbook, concepts involving critical thinking and problem solving are taught through guided practice and application of math concepts in everyday living situations.
Content: Critical areas include, but are not limited to:
- Operations involving decimals
- Converting between fractions, decimals and percentages
- Working with angles
- Operations involving positive and negative integers
- Finding the area and perimeter of multi-shape figures
- Writing numbers using Scientific Notation
- Using graphs to display data
Equipment to be provided by the student: Composition notebook or spiral-bound notebook and scientific calculator. If you need to purchase one, the TI30XS MultiView is recommended. Graphing calculators are not required until CC Algebra 2 and above.