Learning Recommendations: IEP Required; Case Manager Recommendation
General Description: Traditional concepts of algebra will be introduced and reinforced throughout the year. Using the first half of the TransMath Understanding Algebraic Expressions textbook, concepts involving critical thinking and problem solving are taught through guided practice and application of math concepts in everyday living situations.
Content: Critical areas include, but are not limited to:
- Finding the measures of central tendency
- Data analysis
- Solving single-step algebraic equations
- Writing algebraic equations from simple word problems
- Writing and solving proportions
- Converting between fractions, decimals and percentages
- Area, perimeter and surface area
- Order of operations
- Graphing inequalities
- Writing inequalities from simple word problems
Equipment to be provided by the student: Composition notebook or spiral-bound notebook and scientific calculator. If you need to purchase one, the TI30XS MultiView is recommended. Graphing calculators are not required until CC Algebra 2 and above.