Learning Recommendations: Successful completion of Algebra 1A; IEP Required; Case Manager Recommendation
General Description: Traditional concepts of algebra will be introduced and reinforced throughout the year. Using the second half of the general education Algebra 1 textbook, concepts involving critical thinking and problem solving are taught through guided practice and application of math concepts in everyday living situations.
Content: Critical areas include, but are not limited to:
- Linear relationships
- Solving systems of inequalities
- Graphing systems of inequalities
- Writing systems of inequalities from word problems
- Exponents and exponential functions
- Factoring and solving quadratic functions
Equipment to be provided by the student: Composition notebook or spiral-bound notebook and scientific calculator. If you need to purchase one, the TI30XS MultiView is recommended. Graphing calculators are not required until CC Algebra 2 and above.