Learning Recommendations: "C+" or higher average in MTH350 - Pre-Calculus or a "C" or higher average in IB Math 1 SL.
General Description: This one year course develops the topics of limits, derivatives, and integration and their formulas for algebraic and transcendental functions. This class covers all topics typically covered during the first two quarters of college calculus.
- Limits and continuity
- Application of derivatives including related rates, motion, and optimization
- Indefinite and definite integrals
- Fundamental Theorem of Calculus
- First order differential equations and slope fields
- Volumes of solids of revolutions
- Integration by parts
Strategies: Students will learn through a combination of:
- Teacher-directed instruction
- Small group investigations
- Teacher-led investigations
Equipment to be provided by Student: Graphing calculator; TI-Nspire (not CAS) is recommended