Fee: IB Fee as appropriate; possible texts for plays ($15 to 30); entry fee to each Skyline Drama Production (unless involved in the Production)
Learning Recommendations: Successful completion of ART670 - IB Theatre Arts SL is mandatory; willingness to perform in front of peers during class is imperative. Seniors should converse with the college of their choice regarding acceptance as an English credit.
General Description: This class concentrates on development of skills required in a comprehensive theatre course for the experienced student interested in gaining an advanced understanding of the nature of theatre, both through its study and its creation and practice. Students will participate in assignments which will develop performance skill, an appreciation of historical and international theatre, play analysis and interpretation, and production techniques. A substantial amount of reading of theatrical texts and writing is required. It is mandatory that each student is in attendance once at each Skyline Drama Production as part of this class, unless they are involved in the Skyline Drama Production.
- Three plays for genres outside of current American theatre
- Acting theory and practice
- Production theory and practice
- Acting and production critique
- Creating theatre from non-theatre sources
- Playwright exercises
- Study of acting texts
- Scene and monologue presentations
- Attendance at performances of a disparate variety of plays
- Script creations
- Script study through group work
Equipment to be provided by Student: Possible texts for plays ($15 to $30)