Fees: IB Exam Fee as appropriate
Learning Recommendations: "B" or higher in both semesters for MTH300 - Common Core Algebra 2.
General Description: IB Math Applications and Interpretations 1 SL (IB Math AI 1 SL) is the first of two years that prepare students to take the IB SL Math exam. This two-year course meets the needs of students interested in Math, but not headed into a STEM major This course places an emphasis on statistics and real-world applications of mathematics. Students showing mastery will be prepared to enter college-level calculus.
- Sequences and finite series
- Properties of exponents and logarithms
- Functions and their properties
- Modeling with functions
- Trigonometric functions
- Other pre-calculus fundamentals foundational to the second year of the course
Strategies: Students will learn through a combination of:
- Teacher-directed instruction
- Small group collaboration
Equipment to be provided by Student: Graphing calculator (TI-Nspire is recommended)