Fees: $5 course fee
Learning Recommendations: Students will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in the past, present and future. Students are expected to study 20 to 30 minutes daily in addition to homework assignments.
General Description: Spanish 3 provides ongoing exploration of the culture and language of the Spanish-speaking world. Students will develop their communicative skills in spoken and written Spanish at a functional level. Students will read a variety of authentic texts. Communication between students and teacher will be exclusively in Spanish, with students able to utilize conversational Spanish to function in the class without the use of English. Students are expected to retain and apply all skills and knowledge learned in FOR310 - Spanish 1 and FOR320 - Spanish 2.
- Collaborative learning opportunities
- Listening activities
- Writing and presentation of dialogues
- Cultural readings in the target language
- Connections to other disciplines
- A variety of assessments, written and oral
- Research topics to connect and analyze history, language, and current events
- Use Spanish in their own communities
Equipment to be provided by Student: Spanish/English dictionary or electronic dictionary recommended