Learning Recommendations: An interest in learning about the methods used to find clues and evidence at a crime scene.
General Description: CSI Skyline! Methods and technologies used to solve crimes are studied and applied. Evidence types such as fingerprints, tool marks, and shoe prints are collected and analyzed in a classroom crime lab.
- Forensic lab equipment and safety
- Crime scene investigation methods and techniques
- Evidence types and collection methods
- Careers in criminal forensics
Strategies: Students learn through a combination of:
- Inquiry-based laboratory work
- Critical thinking exercises
Equipment to be provided by Student: None
Note: Completion of Police Science/Forensics 1 and 2 with a "B" average could earn students credit at Bellevue College.
Students wanting to enroll in the IB Career Program must take their Career Track courses in their Junior and Senior years to count towards their IBCP Certificate. Click here for more information.