Learning Recommendations: None
General Description: In this project-based course, math, science, and engineering technology are integrated to teach students a problem solving design model and how it is used in industry to design and manufacture a product. Students learn how to apply this model to improve existing products and invent new ones. Using Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software, students develop 3D solid modeling skills as they design, communicate, and evaluate product designs. Emphasis is placed on innovation and communicating ideas to others. This class follows the nationally recognized “Project Lead the Way” curriculum.
- 3D solid modeling skills using Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software
- Engineering graphics concepts and terminology
- Product design and innovation
- Students learn through a combination of:
- Multimedia offerings (Computer simulations, video features)
- Demonstrations (teacher or student directed)
- Student practice with software and engineering materials
- Hands on, student projects and research (individual and team oriented)
- Critical thinking exercises
Equipment to be provided by student: Standard school supplies
Notes: Completion of this course with a “B” or better qualifies students for college credit at various community/technical college programs in our area.
Students wanting to enroll in the IB Career Program must take their Career Track courses in their Junior and Senior years to count towards their IBCP Certificate. Click here for more information.